Mitsubishi EVO 4-9, 4G63, Component Package
This dry sump system was developed to solve two major oiling issues that plague the Mitsubishi 4G63 engine platform, oil pump cavitation at high RPMs and massive blow by pressure in the crankcase that keeps oil stuck in the head and blows oil out of the vents. Using Dailey Engineering's signature series billet oil pan and 3-stage, or optional 4-stage, dry sump pump this system can be configured to meet the oil flow demand of any 4G63 configuration and will maintain constant oil pressure throughout the entire RPM range. This system will effectively evacuate the crankcase of the blowby gasses that leak past the piston rings, creating negative crankcase pressure, and increasing performance.
This package includes the most popular and highly recommended components needed to properly install a Dailey Engineering dry sump oiling system on your race car.
Optional Pressure Gear Sizes: See the technical page for more info.
Increased 20%: 1.450" - Recommended for billet aluminum engine blocks
Standard OEM: 1.250"
Optional 4-Stage Pump: This option is available to those who want an added scavenge section for scavenging either a remote turbo, oil from the cylinder head, or for added vacuum capacity.
Drive mandrels are available for Fluidampr and ATI dampers
- The components in this package are not vehicle specific and their mounting placement in the car is the responsibility of the chassis and/or engine builder. Some custom fabrication may be required.
- The A/C compressor will need to relocated or removed for this system to be installed
- If using the OEM block the dipstick port and balance shaft oiling holes need to be plugged.
- This system will be assembled upon order so please allow 3-5 business days before shipping
This kit includes the following items
- Qty 1 - Dry Sump Pump: (04-99-2163) - Dailey Engineering SP Series 3-Stage oil pump OR Qty 1 - (04-99-2634-3) - Dailey Engineering SP Series 4-Stage oil pump (+$300)
- Qty 1 - Dry Sump Oil Pan: (20-02-0694-ASSY) - Dailey Engineering billet T6 6061 dry sump oil pan with integrated scavenge lines and screens
- Qty 1 - Front Cover: (28-02-0602-ASSY) - Dailey Engineering billet T6 6061 front cover assembly with oil OEM oil pump delete and balance shaft delete. OEM plastic front timing belt cover and serpentine tensioner can be retained
- Qty 1 - Oil Pump Pulley: (HP-30-115-500) - Dailey Engineering HTD oil pump pulley
- Qty 2 - Drive Belt: (600-8M-20) - HTD oil pump drive belts
- Qty 1 - Drive Pulley Assy: Dailey Engineering 25T HTD oil pump drive pulley assembly for ATI or Fluidmpr
- Qty 1 - Oil Tank:
- ARA1- (FR6D-1225) 2.5 Gallon, Split Return, 6" diameter by 24" tall
- ARA1-(FR6D-1220) 2.0 Gallon, Split Return, 6" diameter by 20" tall
- ARA1- (S72P-SPR) 2.3 Gallon, Split Return, 7" diameter by 16" tall
- ARA1- (S72P-STR) 2.3 Gallon, Stacked Right Return, 7" diameter by 16" tall
- Qty 1 - Oil Tank Mounting Set: ARA1- (FR-6TM) OR (FR-7TM) tank mounting bracket set
- Qty 1 - Oil Tank Breather: ARA1 (EBR-12WM) 3" diameter by 10.5" Tall or ARA1 (40FT-WM) 4" diameter by 7.5" tall, oil tank breather with mounting bracket
- Qty 1 - Scavenge Return Filter: (09-0439) - Peterson or (7116AN-713075HP) - XRP scavenge filter, 75 micron, -16A/N
- Qty 1 - Remote Oil Filter Mount:
- - For OEM blocks (Flow rates under 11GPM) we recommend the (24-02-0600-B-10) Bypassing OR (24-02-0600-NB-10) Non-Bypassing, Dailey Engineering remote oil filter housing with -10A/N outlet.
- - For billet aluminum blocks (Flow rates of 11GPM and above) we recommend the (24-02-0601) Dailey Engineering remote oil filter housing with 13/16" Thread for the small block chevy style filters.
- Qty 1 - Tank Fitting Kit: - (TFK1) - Dry Sump Solutions tank fitting kit
Options Sold Separately:
ATI 4G63 Damper - ($380)
- Qty 1 - (ATI918250) - ATI Damper - 6.78 - AL - 6 GRV - Mitsubishi EVO 4-9 - 4G63 - With integrated lower cam drive.
- Qty 1 - (ATI918251) - ATI Damper - 6.78 - AL - (2) 4 GRV - Mitsubishi Eclipse / Talon - 4G63 - With integrated lower cam drive.
Additional Items Needed
- Vacuum regulator or Breather for the valve cover
- Pan rail and front cover hardware
- OEM front cover gasket
- OEM front oil seal
- Some or all of these items may be dropshipped from the manufacturer and are subject to their shipping lead times